Friday, May 23, 2008

wishing I was better at math

sitting in my motel - trying to keep the dogs quiet and wondering if I'll qualify for nationals - wondering why I care too actually!

nice warm up day - Brody ran well but not well enough that I think I should have been at work - actually got 5 work related calls - oh joy! Nothing like a day of leave from work!

I have some wind/sun burn ...

Fitz was amazingly good - hard to believe he has as much baggage as it seems - he's a bit like the girl with the curl - when he's good he's fabulous when he's bad he's really really naughty


so nice to see everybody - eastern crew was amazing - so was gail .. I'm so not into meeting people tho ;)

so I've done some basic math

Brody runs 2 standard courses (max 100 points each) 2 jumpers courses (max 75 points each) and two gamblers courses (his personal best in the class is around 20 points when he doesn't get the gamble). One of each course goes each day. You need a total of 350 points to go to Nationals. So Brody needs 85 points in the two standard runs .. 100 in one and 70 in the other is just fine; 70 points in each jumpers (again 75 in one and 65 in the other is fine) and 20 points in each gamblers class.. if he got a gamble that would take a LOT of pressure off but honestly I can't see it happening ..who knows tho - stranger things have happened - like him getting the last two gambles in one night!

I was trying to figure out at what point tomorrow I'd just get in the car and head home too - too funny as I can't do that much math without getting a sore brain ;)

what will be will be and I've already learned lots - Brody is a great little dog and I'm lucky to have him in my life :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey wow, you're at Regionals? That's terrific - I hear it's a super fun time. I hope the weather is good, people in a good mood, and that you're all having a ton of fun! I'm hoping to go next year, if the budget and work schedule permit...

Muttsandaklutz said...

Oops - that last comment went under one of my other profiles. Sorry :-)

andrea said...

I was wondering who Lisa was ;)

the internet is a funny thing

thanks - yah so far so fun - tho I'm burned and tired

think fast clear thoughts for tomorrow for us