Wednesday, February 16, 2011

what a pair ...

Can you picture a jump standard in your mind? I'll try to find a picture of one somewhere. My WLD jumped one last night. In the spirit of true confessions I must admit that I suspect I asked her to jump the standard. Who knew she'd be so literal? Not me. Though you think I would have known this by now.




This? This is Sampson's foot. He ran across a shovel today and sliced his pad. It's not deep but pads bleed profusely and tend to open up chronically. I hope the prompt bandaging and attention save us a long term problem. The last time I dealt with a pad issue was back in July of 2008 when Sally sliced herself open - there was a much deeper cut that required multiple staples and it healed fine so I'm hoping this one does the same thing.

Some days, some dogs, oh my.

3 comments:

Sam said...

Doesn't sound like a fun day - but I hoe your prompt medical attention saves you time and worry in the long run!

Sara said...

I hope Sampson's foot heals quick!

Muttsandaklutz said...

Somehow I'm not too surprised at Sally's jump standard "antic" :-)

Poor Sampson -- hope he heals up well.