Thursday, April 28, 2011

Pre-trial routines...

I have a pretty tight warm up routine for both Brody and Sally now .. Brody gets brought out about 20 minutes before his run - a pee, a stretch then back for a power nap then 5 minutes before his run - out for a jump or two, a little push back charging, a spin or two and then away we go ...about half an hour before Sally's run she gets a outside break: fetching and tugging and a pee break ... she stays out with me until it's time to run: hand touches, stays, right and left, maybe some crate games if the weather is gross - I keep her in focussed mode .. her routine is about 20 minutes to Brody's 7 minutes ..I'm not looking forward to them being in the same classes (if that ever happens!)


My day(s) before routine is not nearly as defined ... today was rainy, gross and I had too much to do ... so I did some fun games with Brody and some self control games with Sally .. we'll see how it works :) Of course my favourite thing to do is 5 minute agility 2 or 3 times on the lawn with a couple of long off leash walks but that isn't possible at this time of year ....

No comments: