Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Webb Mania - part two ...

Video footage - with huge thanks to Nancy for capturing some of the seminar on tape ... you hear how much too much I talk ... and double cue touch :(  Both these runs were Sunday afternoon - this is Sally as tired as I've seen her. (Which was not so tired as to come home and missing playing Kong with Sampson!)


this next run has a couple of moments to note (or not). Yes, that is Sally unbalancing right off the dog walk .. and it includes a huge "AHA" moment - where I realize Sally does NOT generalize a stay in 2o2o into staying in that same position on the aframe.




Sally's aframe made HUGE strides this weekend. I have a clear picture of what I want and a reasonable view of how to get there. I did at least 20 aframe bottoms every day. That's all it took - 60 reps for me to get into my brain what I wanted it to look like. Still need to work on problem solving (as you'll see) but I finally feel like there is hope on the aframe.

Webb was great - I totally enjoyed the learning  for a couple of different reasons. One is how respectful he is of different handlers and dogs. You don't ever feel badly running a different or low drive dog. Sally was the highest dog on Saturday by a long shot and I learned a lot from him with her too. Sunday I largely ran both Sally and Brody and that was great - flipping back and forth gave me a good handle on how different they are.

Webb has some good sayings too. Webbisms I think I'll call them.

Run 'Em Like You Stole 'Em


Your Ball has Brains


We Are All Builders


Slow is smooth; smooth is fast (he credits John Woods for this - whoever JW is?)


Practice Perfectly


Don't Look at the Rock


Eyes!

lots of big concepts too - like defining your primary skills; knowing what you want from the sport .. more on those later I'm thinking :)

1 comment:

Muttsandaklutz said...

Oh wow, awesome!! Sounds like a fabulous weekend. If he ever comes around closer to my part of the world I will definitely make a point to sign up. Love that he sounds so open to different types of dogs and handling styles.

Also love seeing Sally and you in videos! So she's a barker eh? She definitely "is agility" :-)