Sunday, March 04, 2012

Balance this ...

A weekend without agility does not mean a weekend without work around here. I cleaned bathrooms and scrubbed muddy floors (often after the pictures were taken) but we all played with the new to us balance disc.


What a great opportunity to see the difference between a shaped and lured dog.While Thea eventually figured it out it took her much longer than either Brody or Sally. She was very very proud of herself though and really worked all her muscles. 


She is a very sweet soul. 

Brody flatly refused to have anything to do with the prickly side. He hates having his feet touched, hates snow balls, and is by nature particular, Once flipped shiny side up he explored it briefly and then started working it!


One Paw.


Two paws bowing on it. 


I'm not working Sally on it particularly - though I will someday I want the small dogs to think it is a fabulous thing and once Sally figures that out I expect she'll be a little pushy, Her only interaction with it to date was cute though so here are two shots. What's this?


Her second move after flipping it was a driving 2 paw target. Something she has worked in no other context so where she made it up from is beyond me!

Never a dull moment around here.

3 comments:

Sara said...

LOL. Thea is so cute on the disc! It is the perfect size for her. I bet it was quite the workout.

Chewy won't use the prickly side either. Misty used to love the prickles, I think because she wouldn't slide off as easily.

Maybe you could make some sort of trick out of Sally's antics? I know, she could be a "disc dog"! But instead of catching it, she throws it, like a discus.

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

I really need to get some of those.

andrea said...

HAHAHAHAHA

I did a little more work just a few minutes ago with Sally trying to catch one rear foot on it ... she lay on it used it as a pillow and otherwise amused me. She's now lying on the floor staring at me wanting to do more.